Work Experience Placements - 2018
WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENTS - 2018
Closing Date: 30 June 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
Work Experience with Council
We recognise our role in providing unpaid work experience that can support meaningful learning and development opportunities for those undertaking secondary or tertiary studies in our region.
Gympie Regional Council aims to provide an environment that promotes opportunities which offer an insight into real life work and careers within Local Government.
Eligibility and Limitations
To be considered for placement, all applicants must be registered with a recognised school, tertiary institution or referral agency that covers them for workers compensation and public liability insurance.
Applicants must be at least 15 years of age.
Council will strive to make the placement meaningful and relevant for student learning.
Work experience opportunities shall be limited to positions that:
- Pose low-risk to health and safety.
- Operate within ordinary working hours (Monday – Friday, 6 am – 6 pm).
- Work experience/placement approval is subject to Council staff availability, time, workload constraints and it may not be possible to meet all requests. Placements may be offered in the following disciplines (other areas will be considered from time to time):
- Human Resources/ Organisational Development
- Urban and Regional Developments
- Environmental Health
- Library Services
- Records Management
- Financial Services
- Engineering and Design Services
- Infrastructure Services
- Water Business Unit
Applications for work experience will be reviewed in March and July for placement during the three months that follow (April to May, and August to October).
Council will notify applicants if the placement will proceed or not prior to the placement periods starting May and August.
A Formal Work Experience Agreement must be received by Council prior to the commencement of the placement.
- Require placements to work under the direction and supervision of paid Council staff
- Provide a safe work environment
- Where possible match tasks with expectations and interest
- Provide induction
- Complete reporting requirements to learning organisations.
Applicants have obligations to Council and will:
- Participate in an induction
- Operate in accordance with Council policies and procedures, including the Council code of conduct
- Operate under the direction and supervision of Council staff
- Report any hazardous situation, injury or damage
- Provide sponsored Insurance details and report requirements prior to commencement
- Where the applicant is aged under 18, provide evidence of parental consent to undertake to the placement
What we are looking for
Applicants should be able to demonstrate their ability to enthusiastically engage in learning, and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
Applicants are also asked to provide examples of how they demonstrate our values in their current learning environment.
Who to Contact
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Human Resources section via the Customer contact number - 1300 307 800.
For a full explanation of our values please click here.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
2) Click 'APPLY'
3) Attach your resume (required), and covering letter (optional)
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process.
Applications close on Saturday 30 June 2018 at 5.00pm AEST.