Expressions of Interest - Theatre Technician (Casual)
Expressions of Interest - Theatre Technician (casual)
It is important to note that by submitting an application you are expressing an interest only for working with a venue support capacity for Gympie Regional Council. Applications will be assessed on skills and experience that meet the mandatory requirements for this position. When a casual vacancy arises, Council will draw from this pool of submissions and may make contact with you.
Remuneration: Casual hourly rate commencing at $22.73 plus applicable loading, plus superannuation
Closing Date: Tuesday 31 March 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest for experienced professionals to fill casual Theatre Technician vacancies within our Gympie Venues and Events Branch, as they arise. By submitting your interest, this will create a pool of professionals that can be contacted at any time. This pool will remain current until 31 March 2020.
The main focus of the position will be to set up and operate professional technical equipment including audio, AV and lighting consoles on specific events both within Council venues and Council-managed events, as rostered. The successful applicant will need to deliver a high standard of work while maintaining the highest quality of customer service in relation to technical aspects of Council events, activities and venues.
Applicants would need to be available for work Monday - Saturday (with occasional Sundays) and will include night and weekend work to meet the needs of the roster system where days and hours of work will change weekly. There are no set weekly working hours for these positions, but there will be an opportunity for increased hours during peak periods and to cover periods of leave.
What we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic professionals who have experience in a threatre or events environment with experience in supporting the technical elements, who are reliable with a great work ethic with a focus on customer service and safety.
In addition the above, applications will also have:
- Sound knowledge of the day to day operation of a theatrical venue.
- Be able to work both as a part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrated abilities in the setup, use and maintenance of lighting, sound, audio visual equipment within the guidelines of the equipment.
- Excellent communication skills especially in giving and receiving verbal and written directions.
Although not mandatory for this position, the following would be advantageous:
- Riggers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Blue card
- EWP Ticket
- Test & Tag Ticket
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role or for assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources, on 5481 0687 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to express your interest
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.