Labourer / Operator / Parks Worker Temporary Vacancies (Recruitment Pool)
Temporary Vacancies (Recruitment Pool)
General Labourers /Operators and Parks Worker Positions - Infrastructure Services Directorate
Remuneration: Starting $1055.25 per week plus applicable allowances and 13% Super
Closing Date: The Recruitment Pool will expire on 28 April 2020 at 5pm AEST.
A recruitment pool is a great opportunity to be considered for a number of roles within the Infrastructure Services Directorate throughout a 6 month period by submitting only one application. Being placed in a recruitment pool does not mean that you have been offered employment; nor is it a guarantee that employment will be offered.
Information gathered in your online application will be reviewed by hiring managers in order to match you to the requirements of their available opportunity. The hiring manager with an available opportunity will contact you directly via your supplied email address or phone number to discuss their role and seek your interest. They will also discuss a possible interview and/or further assessment if required.
The Recruitment Pool is valid for a period of 6 months. At the end of 6 months, you placement in the recruitment pool will expire.
You can withdraw from the Recruitment Pool at any time by emailing email@example.com. You will receive confirmation of yoru exit from the Recruitment Pool once this has occurred.
Council's Infrastructure Services Directorate has temporary vacancies which arise due to short term absences.
We are seeking to engage employees via the Recruitment Pool to undertake a range of activities as part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the construction and maintenance of Council's road infrastructure and parks and gardens.
What we are looking for?
As Labourer/Operator/Parks Worker, you could expect to be responsible for tasks such as:-
- general labouring duties, and operating and maintaining light plant and equipment
- digging post holes, sweeping aggregate off roads, installing guide posts, patching pot holes and using tools such as whacker packers, guide post drivers and vibrating plates
- customer service delivery through our roads construction and maintenance works programs
- Maintaining parks, parks maintenance, pruning, brush cutting, mowing
- contributing to continuous improvement by identifying better ways to do our work
Critical for success in these roles will be:
- physical fitness with the ability to carry out labouring duties and/or small plant operation in trying conditions
- the ability to work under general supervision and take direction.
- the ability to foster and maintain good working relationships in a team environment.
- A QLD construction industry white/blue card
Desirable for this role will be:
- Prior experience within Parks or Civil Construction
- Knowledge and experience in road maintenance and construction work, including bitumen works, pipe laying and concreting would be an advantage.
- A QLD HR truck licence.
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume and covering letter
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.