Coordinator - Facilities Management
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Coordinator - Facilities Management
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing at $95,424.68 (Level 7) per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 16 February 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Gympie Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join the Property and Facilities team as a Coordinator - Facilities Management in a permanent full time capacity.
This position will be responsible for the coordination of the operational and long term management and maintenance of Council’s corporate office buildings and community facilities that are under the control of Council’s Corporate and Community Services Directorate. This includes but is not limited to Council’s corporate administration buildings, community halls, showgrounds, public pools and public amenities. The position will also be responsible for the supervision of the Facilities Management Section including the Building Maintenance crew.
What we are looking for
Council is looking for a highly motivated individual with a formal qualification or extensive experience in asset management or in a similar, relevant field. They will need to have specialist understanding of asset and related financial management as well as the ability to create, maintain and work within asset management programs. The successful candidate will need to have experience working with budgets (including wages budgets) and have experience in supervising a team. The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret service/management contracts and comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation/codes.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate programs, procedures and practices in an asset management framework.
- Specialist knowledge of building maintenance matters with demonstrated experience in facility maintenance co-ordination.
The following skills are desirable but not mandatory for the position:
- Well developed oral and written communication and consultation skills, including the ability to interact effectively with clients and staff both individually and in groups.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial administration.
- Demonstrated understanding of policy and procedures relevant to the section.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Sophie Paras, Manager - Property and Facilities on 5481 0759 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Kymbeline Russell, Advisor - Human Resources (Acting) on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight/ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 16 February 2020 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.