Coordinator Workshop Operations
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. The depot is located centrally in town, easily accessible from all directions. Parking is readily available.
Coordinator - Workshop Operations
Remuneration: Salary starting $80,170 per annum plus 13 per cent superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 23 February 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The purpose of this role is to efficiently and effectively control the operation of Council’s plant Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) Gympie Workshop, manage R&M budgets, available labour and maintain accurate plant service records and supporting database. To provide workshop management to Kilkivan Workshop.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to lead a team of highly skilled and dedicated mechanics in our Gympie workshop. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative person who can develop, implement and deliver workshop efficiencies through a change management approach and a democratic and collaborative leadership style.
As Manager - Workshop, you could expect to:
- Develop, implement and maintain service records and databases for both Gympie and Kilkivan Workshops to enable the reporting of all workshop activities and efficiencies on a monthly basis.
- Deliver all maintenance and repairs of the Fleet in accordance with the financial budgets.
- Implement and maintain Succession Planning for all staff members in the workshop operation.
- Ensure all Fleet Assets are maintained in accordance with the maintenance service schedules.
- Ensure all Fleet Assets in operation are fit for purpose and safe to operate and comply with relative legislation requirements.
- Effectively manage the workshop to ensure all works are completed to required industry and Council standards and are completed in expected time frames to maximise plant availability
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Proven experience in coordinating workshop operations including plant and equipment service and repair, scheduling and prioritisation.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 2 years) in developing and supervising a team of staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the services and maintenance of light vehicles, light and heavy equipment, and heavy commercial vehicles.
- Demonstrated general administrative experience, with intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) competency level.
- Technical diagnostic experience on Light, Heavy, Yellow and Green plant is essential
Desirable for this position is:
- Queensland Automotive Air Conditioning Service and Maintenance Certificate.
- Queensland Transport Inspection Station Officer Accreditation.
- Fork lift ticket
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Business Support (Luke Matthews) on 07 5481 0649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact HR Adivsor (Pip Moir) on 07-5481 0778 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.