Project Managers (Multiple Positions)
- Competitive annual salary plus up to 13% superannuation
- Great range of additional benefits, including health & wellness programs, salary sacrifice options, salary packaging arrangements and a fortnightly RDO
About the Region
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in our western reaches to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Bordering Noosa and Fraser Coast Local Government areas, we are uniquely positioned to grow whilst still retaining our country charm. Our borders with North and South Burnett, and the Somerset Local Government areas link with our rural lifestyle, where you can enjoy our picturesque smaller townships, or our abundant local history. Our local festivals such as the Gympie Music Muster are renowned both nationally and internationally.
For someone seeking a high quality of life, with pristine natural areas and spectacular beaches, all within reach of Noosa, the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane, we are offering this unique opportunity.
Project Managers (Fixed term up to 3 years for the life of the project)
Remuneration: Annual salary ($82,375 to $88,984) plus up to 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Positions will remain open until filled
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Gympie Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for motivated and skilled professionals to join our workforce, with several project positions available. The roles will assist Council with the delivery of its 2022/23 Capital Works program, with a focus on the following asset portfolios:
- Buildings and Open Space
- Water and Waste Water
- Civil Works
- developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services
- responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, programs, projects, services provided, and persons affected
- managing paperwork associated with contracts, programs, projects and services provided
- working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Professionals, owners and others to ensure that goals are met
- advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
- overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
- preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning the organisation's activities
- collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reporting on project outcomes
To be successful in this role applicants must have:
- Relevant qualification and/or minimum 3 years experience in project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve at advanced level
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Liam Watson, Manager Capital Delivery and Assets on (07) 5481 0796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Pip Moir, Coordinator Human Resources on (07) 5481 0779 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight/ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme of up to 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing and salary packaging arrangements
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.