- A varied and challenging role in the provision of essential water and sewerage services to the community
- Competitive weekly wage of $1191.38 plus up to 13% superannuation
- Great range of additional benefits, including health & wellness programs, salary sacrifice options, salary packaging arrangements and a fortnightly RDO
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. The depot is located centrally in town, easily accessible from all directions. Parking is readily available.
Remuneration: $1191.38 per week plus up to 13% superannuation (this position includes commuter use of a Council vehicle during on-call arrangements)
Closing Date: Sunday 2 October 2022 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a qualified and experienced Plumber/Drainer to join our Water and Sewerage Network section of our Infrastructure Services Directorate. We are looking for a team leader as well as a team player, who is inclusive in their approach and willing to mentor and coach others. Performing the tasks of a responsible licenced tradesperson will be a key element of this role, which will require candidates who have pride in their workmanship, who recognise the importance of compliance, and who can display resilience and professionalism that facilitates excellent customer service.
As Specialist Plumber/Drainer, you will be responsible for tasks such as:
- completing plumbing related tasks in a safe and competent manner that delivers Council's programmed and reactive works.
- performing the tasks of a responsible licenced tradesperson including the lodging of all relevant forms for notifiable work.
- working with multi-disciplined teams on various Council capital works projects.
- planning and organising complex work under remote supervision.
To be successful in this role, candidates will require:
- a current Plumber/Drainer Licence.
- a QLD 'C' Class drivers licence
- Construction Industry White/Blue card.
- Traffic Management Implementation
- Demonstrated experience within a water industry environment and in undertaking plumbing and draining related tasks
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organising plumbing and draining related work under remote supervision
- communication skill and experience in maintaining team harmony and fostering good working relationships both internally and with external customers.
- Leadership skill and mentoring abilities
Desirable knowledge/skills/qualifications for this role are:
- Backflow prevention certification.
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations
- Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) - Level 2
- Participation in the on call roster
- Accessibility by mobile phone for on-call purposes.
- Out of hours work (including weekends).
- Regular local travel.
- Ability to respond to Emergency/Disaster events in accordance with council's Emergency management plans and systems.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Coordinator Water and Sewerage Network, Corey Schilling 5481 0692 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Senior Officer Human Resources Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 2 October 2022 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.